Wise Guides LLC Copyright Policy
(As of April 1, 2008)
Wise Guides requires that users of the Site respect the copyright and other intellectual property rights of all third parties. In accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), Wise Guides will terminate, where warranted as determined Wise Guides’s sole discretion, users whom Wise Guides believes are intentional and/or repeat infringers.
If you believe that your copyright in any material has been infringed on the Site, please send a “DMCA Notice” described below to Wise Guides. After a complete DMCA Notice is received, Wise Guides will evaluate your notice and take such action as Wise Guides deems appropriate under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA), 17 U.S.C. ß 512 et seq.
To be effective, federal law requires your DMCA Notice to include the following information:
- A copy or identity and location of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed, with sufficient detail so that Wise Guides can readily locate it;
- A copy or identity and location of the material that you claim is infringing, with sufficient detail so that Wise Guides may readily locate it;
- Information sufficient to permit Wise Guides to contact you such as your name, address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
A statement declaring
- that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law,
- that the above information in your notice is accurate, and
- under penalty of perjury that you are the owner of the copyright interest allegedly infringed or you are authorized to act on behalf of that owner; and
- The physical or electronic signature of the owner, or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright interest allegedly infringed.
Please send inquiries to: